PDA

View Full Version : [kde] OpenOffice icons disappear

lolwhites
January 3rd, 2009, 03:25 PM
I was having trouble getting OpenOffice to load in KDE (fine in Gnome) and I found a solution here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1026211).

However, now when I start OOo, the icons and menus vanish and only appear when I hover the mouse over them. When the program starts, it looks fine but as soon as I touch one icon, all the others in that menu bar disappear.

Ben Page
January 3rd, 2009, 03:42 PM
KDE is very buggy in ubuntu. I think you need to install kde open office package - artwork. When I installed KDE4 (complete with default apps) it reinstalled my office, I had 3.0 but now I have KDE default 2.4 - and it works without a problem.
So download KDE open office, or maybe just certain packages associated to KDE artwork would do.

lolwhites
January 3rd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Which packages? Installing openoffice.org-kde takes me back to my original problem (not starting), and I don't want to have to remove openoffice 3.0 altogether and go back to 2.4.

Ben Page
January 3rd, 2009, 04:35 PM
but sadly that may be the only option - to completly replace the 3.0 with the 2.4
Im not sure if this is the only option, but I can't seem to find any info on this.
Maybe if you could guess the right combination of packages, or pinpoint what is crashing the 3.0
Sorry, im just a beginner...