PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] cannot delete some shows

iitywygms
January 3rd, 2009, 11:16 AM
I messed up my system today but have mostly everything back and running as normal. (I messed up the database/mysql)
I still have this issue
1. When I was fixing the backend, I used root as the username in general setup. During this time some shows recorded. Now that I am back to using my original setup, I cannot delete the shows. How can I manually delete these specific shows without deleting everything? (when I delete them in the frontend they disappear for 5 seconds then re-appear.)
Thanks

newlinux
January 3rd, 2009, 09:14 PM
Find the actual files in your storage directory and change them to be world writeable (chmod a+r) or change the owner to mythtv. Then you should be able to delete them. If you use mythweb, an easy way to find out the filename look at the backend logs which should show you the filenames that couldn't be deleted when you tried. Or you could use mythrename.pl as another quick way.

iitywygms
January 3rd, 2009, 10:17 PM
Find the actual files in your storage directory and change them to be world writeable (chmod a+r) or change the owner to mythtv. Then you should be able to delete them. If you use mythweb, an easy way to find out the filename look at the backend logs which should show you the filenames that couldn't be deleted when you tried. Or you could use mythrename.pl as another quick way.

Thank you very much that worked. Now if I could only get mythweb to work.

newlinux
January 3rd, 2009, 11:29 PM
you're welcome, and that probably should have been chmod a+w instead of chmod a+r for others... My mistake.