PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to stop keyring

wstay
January 3rd, 2009, 08:51 AM
I use evolution mail and whenever I want to send/receive mail, keyring pop-up and I have to enter a password for to unlock keyring. How can I stop keyring running in my computer?

efexD
January 3rd, 2009, 09:00 AM
This post should help you.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=2776815&postcount=1

Scunnered
January 3rd, 2009, 09:46 AM
efeXor

I similarly experience a problem with my Wi-Fi connection as now and again it keeps asking for a password.

Looking at your link I note that both the logon and the keyring passwords must be the same. As my broadband connection is the larger of the passwords I will have to change my logon to match.

Doing this will it cause problems ?

I had attempted to avoid the need of a logon and having followed the instruction on this found that whilst all I had to do was power on the system regularly I was now being asked for a password to establish my Wi-Fi connection. Reverting to a logon reduced the password requests but not by very much.

I would much prefer automatically accessing the Wi-Fi every time without messing about with passwords.

What would you suggest is the best option ?

wstay
January 17th, 2009, 11:46 AM
This post should help you.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=2776815&postcount=1

I follow the steps in the post above, but I still have to type in my keyring password (which is the same as my login password) each time I restart my computer and when I want to receive/send mails with evolution.

The following is my /etc/pam.d/gdm file:
#%PAM-1.0
auth requisite pam_nologin.so
auth required pam_env.so readenv=1
auth required pam_env.so readenv=1 envfile=/etc/default/locale
@include common-auth
auth optional pam_gnome_keyring.so
@include common-account
session required pam_limits.so
@include common-session
session optional pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start
@include common-password