PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Confusing on printer margin settings?

jhb1608
January 3rd, 2009, 02:01 AM
I need the correct margin number for my Dell p1500 printer.

gettinoriginal
January 3rd, 2009, 02:17 AM
Margin number ?? The usual "no print area" is 1/4 inch, but margins can be set in any document you are printing. Sorry if I am misunderstanding your request. :confused:

jhb1608
January 3rd, 2009, 03:41 AM
Margin number ?? The usual "no print area" is 1/4 inch, but margins can be set in any document you are printing. Sorry if I am misunderstanding your request. :confused:

Yes print area, but I want it to be full sized. no inches, Windows just print beautiful, no mrginsand such. but Ubuntu is a lot complex.

gettinoriginal
January 3rd, 2009, 04:06 AM
Ubuntu has nothing to do with your print settings, you do that by going to "file" "page setup". It will print what you set up. If the document you are trying to print has settings you do not like, set them to your liking and print. :P

Kellemora
January 3rd, 2009, 04:14 AM
Hi gettinoriginal

Ahem, after all your posts you are still using Mickey$oft misplaced locations?

Page Setup is a page FORMATTING Operation!

Mickey$oft THINKS it has something to do with File systems?
So they put it under FILE where it takes forever to find, since you're NOT working with a file, but a page in a document or a whole document that you want to format differently.

Open Office places it under Format, Page, right where it should be.

I think what the OP is talking about is when you print direct to the printer from Ubuntu, not Open Office, the output does not cover the page to the maximum margins allowed by the printer as it does from Windows machines.

TTUL
Gary

jhb1608
January 3rd, 2009, 04:17 AM
Hi gettinoriginal

Ahem, after all your posts you are still using Mickey$oft misplaced locations?

Page Setup is a page FORMATTING Operation!

Mickey$oft THINKS it has something to do with File systems?
So they put it under FILE where it takes forever to find, since you're NOT working with a file, but a page in a document or a whole document that you want to format differently.

Open Office places it under Format, Page, right where it should be.

I think what the OP is talking about is when you print direct to the printer from Ubuntu, not Open Office, the output does not cover the page to the maximum margins allowed by the printer as it does from Windows machines.

TTUL
Gary
He's right.

gettinoriginal
January 3rd, 2009, 04:46 AM
No, not thinking that way at all, I don't have a problem with not printing the full page, it just does it in ubuntu for me. I thought he was trying to print something from say firefox, or a saved document created within ubuntu ie editor. Those are still under "file" "page set up". BTW, I do not even run windows, only Ubuntu.