PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Installed in safe graphics - how to revert to bigger res?

Ikyn
January 3rd, 2009, 01:01 AM
Hi there -

I recently installed Kubuntu on my desktop. I had done this installation before on other desktops with no problem - First load the LiveCD session, then double-click install, and there we go. Instead, this desktop didn't seem to want to load the LiveCD all the way. I would make it to 4/5ths of the way through the KDE splash, and it would just stop. I let it sit there for 2 hours, then restarted it. I went into safe graphics mode, installed Kubuntu that way, and everything works great. Now I just need to know how to get a better resolution out of my machine.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure it's an Intel P4, with an intel board and on-board video. It's an old Gateway computer. There's much better documentation on this issue for Ubuntu, but I don't know KDE very well, so I'm hoping that someone can help me!

jbrown96
January 3rd, 2009, 01:14 AM
Have you tried to change the resolution. I believe the setting is in System Settings-->Display. Are there no other resolutions available?

Ikyn
January 3rd, 2009, 01:20 AM
Nope. There is only the 640x480 option. Ugh.

Ikyn
January 3rd, 2009, 07:05 AM
I hate bumping my own thread but I desperate. Someone has to know what's going on!

Ikyn
January 3rd, 2009, 07:35 AM
Couldn't find anything on the internet that could help me, and #ubuntu, try as they may, couldn't help me. I'm installing windows again. Thanks for the good run though!