PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Acessing the same evolution mail file from Ubuntu/Windows?

Chris Hansen
January 2nd, 2009, 11:17 PM
Hello,

On my dual boot system, I have Evolution installed on both Windows and Ubuntu. Can you change the location that the mail and stuff is stored and could you access it from both systems?

Thanks.

Tim Sharitt
January 3rd, 2009, 02:55 AM
You could create a link in your home folder called .evolution that points to the evolution folder on your windows partition. I don't think the config files are platform specific.
An example in a terminal:

ln -s /windows_partition/evolution_folder /home/username/.evolution
Plug in the correct directories of course.

It may be possible to point your Evolution folder in windows at your ~/.evolution folder, but you would need an ext2/3 driver for windows.

Chris Hansen
January 3rd, 2009, 04:11 AM
You could create a link in your home folder called .evolution that points to the evolution folder on your windows partition. I don't think the config files are platform specific.
An example in a terminal:

ln -s /windows_partition/evolution_folder /home/username/.evolution
Plug in the correct directories of course.

It may be possible to point your Evolution folder in windows at your ~/.evolution folder, but you would need an ext2/3 driver for windows.

Thanks.

Turns out I'm having trouble getting Evolution to work in Windows. We'll see how it goes but it would be slick if it could work.

Chris Hansen
January 6th, 2009, 02:51 AM
I couldn't get evolution to work in windows, is it possible to try a similar trick with Thunderbird?

I installed Thunderbird on both windows and ubuntu and it seem to work fine in both systems. I was looking at the folders for each version and they are different and I wasn't sure what to look for.

Thanks.