PDA

View Full Version : Video Display Question

jbizz8
January 2nd, 2009, 07:12 PM
I am normally able to research and fix problems without duplicating posts but in this case I am truly flumaxed.

I just did a fresh install of 8.10. I am using a Hauppauge PVR- 150.

When I watch TV it is showing in a 4:3 screen but what I am seeing is the middle 3/4 of the feed. In other words, if I were watching ESPN which has their logo in the bottom left corner, I would see PN and not the ES. It would be the same on the right side too.

I tried using the 16:9 ratio but the problem still exists, just wide screen.

Any help here? I don't even know where to start looking.

Thanks

uncle hammy
January 2nd, 2009, 08:04 PM
Sounds like you have one of the fill options set. While watching a recording / livetv, hit open the menu ('m') and scroll down to "Adjust Fill", if anything other than OFF is checked, check OFF and see if that fixes your problem.

jbizz8
January 2nd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Sounds like you have one of the fill options set. While watching a recording / livetv, hit open the menu ('m') and scroll down to "Adjust Fill", if anything other than OFF is checked, check OFF and see if that fixes your problem.
Thanks for that piece of information. I will try that tonight and let you know if it works.

jbizz8
January 3rd, 2009, 07:21 PM
That worked. I have to fiddle around with both the aspect and the zoom and it works well.

Thanks

uncle hammy
January 4th, 2009, 03:08 AM
You can set the default aspect ratio / fill options to use in the TV Playback settings as well, then just override them for special circumstances when viewing live tv / recordings using the menu.