PDA

View Full Version : 2.6.28-ultimate with Gyration RF MCE Remote Same Problems

rodercot
January 2nd, 2009, 02:44 PM
Hi All,

I have Mythbuntu running with XBMC SVN. I compiled 2.6.28-ultimate yesterday after several attempts to get the gyration working correctly.

The power button still loops in suspend and none of the extra keys work. I thought this was all to be fixed in 2.6.27 and there was more support added in 2.6.28.

I have not forced evrouter. I have used Linux Input layer (/dev/input) by-id got all buttons working except power, home, extra buttons

changed to udev method with a rule.d in udev - Same issues as above.

I am confused when cat /proc/bus/input/devices are run

we have two events one with a kbd handler and then one with a kbd and mouse2 handler (in my case)

All the info I have read uses the kbd handler event only for the by-id or udev method, if the remote acts both a mouse and kbd why can we not use the 2nd event that uses both handlers to get the extra buttons and the power button working.

I am ready to test if someone has some suggestions. OH I have tried xev, irw etc still no power release I am using lircd found on the mythwiki -

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Gyration-based_MCE_Remotes

it has a power and Home code but neither work in XBMC when properly configure in Lircmap.xml.

Anything at all for suggestion at this point.

Thanks,

Dave

blackoper
January 2nd, 2009, 11:38 PM
subscribed to this thread as I have two Gyration RF MCE remotes and I'd love to know how to set them up correctly

williammanda
January 26th, 2009, 07:00 PM
rodercot
Does the gyro mouse still function after using the lirc setup? Mine stopped after trying that route.
Thanks

rodercot
January 27th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Hello,

I have never had the gyro stop working at any step. I have gone back to my mce remote and am still playing around with the gyration on my test machine. I wish they would just add it to Lirc with the patched power button issues.

rgds,

Dave

williammanda
January 27th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Here is more detailed information on my problem:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6604959#post6604959

Thanks