PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Streaming Live TV

Lee_Machine
January 1st, 2009, 03:01 PM
So I took a look at Mono's works on Silverlight and the most notably use would be to watch instant netflicks. Unfortunately its uses Silverlight 2.0 and moonlight (the linux version) is only compatible with 1.0 and support for 2.0 wont be out until sometime in April.

On another note there is this program called Livestation

http://www.livestation.com/downloads?tracker=main_menu

It is a stand alone player that streams channels that are either added by the stations themselves or other sources. There are almost 3K channels and all for free.

Check it out.

There is a bug where basically if you dont have an Nvidia card then good luck. As hardware acceleration is needed. One work around is to disable compiz.

MorphWVUtuba
January 2nd, 2009, 04:40 AM
Awesome find!

Thanks for sharing!

thomasaaron
January 2nd, 2009, 04:16 PM
Livestation is a very nice find. Thanks for sharing that.

Lee_Machine
January 2nd, 2009, 05:00 PM
Livestation is a very nice find. Thanks for sharing that.

I'm glad you think so, as I thought people would be like "this is not the sections to discuss these things.

I thought hey why not share with fellow S76 owners.

Another note about silverlight is that the current moonlight release is almost useless, as most websites have converted to 2.0 and it looks like 3.0 will be out by the time moonlight 2.0 gets its final release in October.

Why cant people just stick with flash:confused:

Or for large HD videos use Divx web player like ninjavideo.net

I'm still surprised MS released a mac version of sivlerlight...even though its buggy as hell.

Spr0k3t
January 3rd, 2009, 09:26 PM
I'm not a fan of moonlight/silverlight. However, the good news, it works flawless under the latest version of WINE (1.1.12)... and the Windows version doesn't use silverlight.

Jay money
January 4th, 2009, 04:20 AM
This is nice thanks. I've been looking for something like this.