PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless channel 11 (double sorry post)

shiznatix
December 29th, 2008, 10:24 PM
First, let me say sorry for double posting, I posted this in the wrong forum first and see now that it was the wrong forum. Sorry for double posting but this question really belongs here.

Hello,

I just upgraded to ubuntu 8.10 and am very happy especially with the easy use of my Bamboo tablet thing but I still have 1 problem that also existed in 8.04.

My wireless is not working on channel 11. I have not tried on the upper channels but the lower channels work no problemo. I heard that before there was some sort of legal reason to not allow the upper channels to work but here in Germany where I am right now this is perfectly legal and normal and thus is my problem.

What happens when I try to connect to the WEP enabled wifi is that the little animation, the circle on the bottom turns green then the top one does as well but after about 30 seconds, it just asks for the WEP key again. I am 99.999% positive that the WEP key is correct but for some reason I still can not connect.

Does anyone have any insight into this situation? If so, that would be super-duper-awesome. thanks.

For information:
lspci shows:
Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG [Calexico2] Network Connection (rev 05)