PDA

View Full Version : Hauppauge Nova-T-500 stuttering TV signal

mfearby
December 28th, 2008, 11:30 PM
I've enabled the low-noise-amplifiers for my Nova-T-500 (signal strength went from around 40% to 63%) but still, channels seem to cough and splutter at times, most noticably when there's wind blowing outside.

When I had Vista as a dual-boot on the machine, the TV signal never did this (whether or not Vista enabled LNA I don't know, but either way, the TV signal was flawless).

There must be some setting somewhere I can alter to correct this, surely? I'm told that 64-bit Vista isn't as bad as the 32-bit version I had before, so I will have to fall back to that if MythTV's digital TV signal handling can't be improved (I really have been otherwise very happy with Mythbuntu, and want to avoid the Vista option as best I can). Any ideas?

bris73
April 12th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Hi,

Did you get to the bottom of your signal issue? I am 20 mins out of Brisbane City and getting the same issue as you. With direct DVB-T viewing on the TV, I am finding the signal 96% and flawless, same channel via Nova-T is 63%.

Thanks.

bris73
April 12th, 2009, 06:24 PM
I just stumbled across this...just in case you hadn't had any joy and haven't already seen this...and for the benefit of others:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_500_PCI#Note_for_Australian_Users

I haven't yet tried it.

mfearby
April 13th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I ended up getting my aerial move to the absolute top of my roof to avoid the tree nearby (even though reception on the TV itself was fine), it's a lot better now, but even still, changing channels I end up with a signal that just doesn't seem to lock on, so I change to another channel, and back again and it's fine.

I'll give this new fix a try tomorrow and report back. Thanks.