PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ipwraw with ipw3945 cant turn on!?!?

Nosss
December 28th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Hi,
I am having a bit of a problem, I have looked about but cannt seem to find a threat or help online..
I am running Ubuntu 8.10 and have IPW3945!. I am attempting to use aircrack-ng and everything works fine, up till the point where i attempt to scan. So I choose to test ipwraw and ipw3945 by typing

iwlist scanning

When I have not patched the Ipwraw-ng-2.3.4 it comes up with wlan0 worked completly fine. After i patch it on it comes up with not able to scan with devices found. I was wondering if I have to turn it on or something i have done

ifconfig wlan0 up

It does not seem to do anything tho, does anyone know a code to help me with this problem. something like...enable wlan0 lol! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nos

P.s Sorry for double posting on other forum, I dont kno which one this would most fall under

Marques de Sade
January 28th, 2009, 03:42 AM
I found information about that on the web, try this:

type:

iwconfig

ubuntu says:

lo no wireless extensions.

eth0 no wireless extensions.

wmaster0 no wireless extensions.

wlan0 IEEE 802.11g ESSID:"my essid" Nickname:""
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.447 GHz Access Point: 00:1C:F0:3D:xx:xx
Bit Rate=11 Mb/s Tx-Power=27 dBm
Retry min limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr=2346 B
Encryption key:off
Power Management:off
Link Quality=43/100 Signal level=-83 dBm Noise level=-95 dBm
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

you type:

modprobe -r iwl3945

//to deativate the actual driver

modprobe ipwraw

//to activate the ipwraw driver that lets the wifi bridge in mode monitor

if you type again "iwconfig" you can see that the interface "wlan0" has changed to wifi0 and other called rtap0 that I haven t found it's function at all.

I hope It help you to put in on.

Sade

SmarterThanMyPhone
April 6th, 2009, 09:08 PM
wifi0 should be your injection source, and rtap0 is the monitor side. That could be backwards but I'm pretty sure thats the idea.