PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] nm-applet 0.6.6

cobolsaurus
December 25th, 2008, 05:27 AM
The strangest thing has happened. When I installed ubuntu for the first time, the connection to my internet wireless router was automatic, it only asked for the password the first time it attempted to connect. After 2 weeks or so, the nm-applet started to ask for my ubuntu user password, but the old one, I had changed my password and it didn't accept the new one, only the old one. Yesterday the nm-applet didn't connect anymore. I read that it could be kernel related. Since my grub installation lists 2 kernels for ubuntu, one with an id number finishing in 22 and another in 19, I selected the one with 19 (it automatically used the 22 all the time). Now when I select the one with the id finishing in 19 the connection works. But not with the other. It seems to be a kernel related issue. Any ideas???

Regards.

Cobolsaurus.

Chris220
December 25th, 2008, 09:06 AM
This is very similar to the problem I'm having! Mine worked the day I got it, then I installed updates and it stopped even showing my wireless network in the applet, let alone connecting to it! I'm a noob at Linux so you can't just tell me to do something, you'll probably have to explain it in detail xD