View Full Version : [other] [SOLVED] Gtm problem

December 24th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Can anybody help me please. I have downloaded gtm with down them all, but when I go to synaptic package manager and hit quick search it's not showing gtm. But whenever I hit search a column appears on the left hand side it shows ALL and below it gtm but I'm not able to apply it as it's not highlighted any suggestions?:confused:

December 24th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Search GTM in Synaptic brings up Gnome Transfer Manager. What is your ultimate objective for the application you are trying to get up and running?

December 24th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Use the "Quick search" box instead.

Only software from repositories in your sources list is listed in synatic, or packages you specifically install with dpkg tools.

If you downloaded a package but cant find it try searching it by name or partial name from Applications>>Places>>Search For Files....pay attention to where is being searched ie Username or System files...The user is the default and should be in your user directory that the package is to be found.

December 24th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I'm looking the equivalent of download manager. I read another post and it said that GTM was the same as it for downloading from rapidshare.