PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Downloading digital photos?

mmcl
December 22nd, 2008, 07:01 AM
I am a digital photo novice: I put the Kodak Easy Share CD into my computer, (with Ubuntu OS) and there seem to be a bunch of files present, but whatever instructions should show up aren't present. I tried connecting the camera (a Kodak V1003) to the computer, but got lost in various stuff....

I have some photos on the camera, but don't know how to download them onto the computer.

Help, please.

Thanks,

Marty:confused:

beno1990
December 22nd, 2008, 07:04 AM
You shouldn't need to install the software on the CD to download files from a digital camera, and chances are it only contains Windows and possibly Mac OS X software, anyway.

If your camera was provided with a firewire/USB cable, connect it to the computer with that. Most cameras will automount the camera's storage device when you plug it in; just choose to display the contents of the folder and then copy/paste them into a folder on your computer.

SlidingHorn
December 22nd, 2008, 07:05 AM
Which version of Ubuntu are you running? If all is working correctly, shortly after you connect the camera and turn it on, you should have a notification pop up and see an icon on the desktop for the camera/"storage device"

From there you should simply be able to open it and the pictures should all be right there.

Copy, Paste, Fin.

When it comes to the easyshare CD, it's made for a windows system, and won't run without an wine-like program...you shouldn't need it

bumanie
December 22nd, 2008, 07:14 AM
I have a kodak easy share camera and find that the default program F-Spot imports the photos fine - as others said, you don't need to do anything with a cd driver disc - it should, just work. that disc will be made for windows and may be Mac, but should not be needed in linux.

mmcl
December 22nd, 2008, 07:26 AM
Thank you all. That was easy after all.

Marty:KS