PDA

View Full Version : XMLTV and listings/tuner issue

nunrgguy
December 21st, 2008, 08:20 PM
Sorry if this has been asked somewhere before - I've not been able to locate it with search.

I've got 2 issues with XMLTV - one I've had since the beginning when I first started with a previous version of Myth - the old 'running as a different user to as installed'. This means that to pull XMLTV listings I have to do it manually as sudo, automatic does not work. I've got directory links set up but unfortunately myth is still unable to access the correct directory.

The other issue is a bit more pressing. Again with uk radio times XMLTV. All my channels etc are scanned and work OK and appear in the listings after mythfilldatabase-ing. Now, no-matter what channels I have set up (and I've spent HOURS doing this, many times over the last 12 months) the grabber pulls ALL the channels it can from RT.

What also happens is I get duplicate channels to the ones I've set up but without a channum.

I can see MY channels live OK and I can set a recording OK via 'listings' in mythweb. However, if I do a search, ALL channels from the channel list are scanned, including those with no channum, in fact channels with no channum appear instead of those with for MY channels.

So the first issue with this is an irritant factor as I get lots of search results for channels I don't want or can't receive.

The second issue with this is that if I do a search and see a programme, say on channel4 ,and choose to record it, the recording will fail because the channel with no channum is being pointed to.

What can I do to get around this. PLEASE don't say delete all and rescan as I've done this umpteen times and still have the same issue.

MTIA

nunrgguy
December 27th, 2008, 10:52 AM
bump?