PDA

View Full Version : can not rip dark knight

mark467
December 21st, 2008, 04:20 AM
I am trying to rip my copy of Batman the Dark Knight and am having weird issues. It is specific to that dvd. I take it out and can rip any other dvd put it back and same issue.
I get the screen about waiting for dvd and massive hdd activity for a few minnutes and it eventualy ends with
"your connection to the myth transcoding daemon has gone away. this is not a good thing." if someone can tell me where to find a log file with some info on this to provide it would be much appreciated.

BTW It will play in default player

dsbw
December 21st, 2008, 06:01 AM
Have you played it all the way through?

Edit: Let me say why I'm asking. I have a few DVDs--Disney--that play for a while and then quit, which seems to have to do with the copy protection schemes. (In the ripper, they look like they have 99 possible tasks, most of them several hours long. This would seem unlikely, if not impossible.)

Sef
December 21st, 2008, 06:08 AM
Closed. To rip that DVD would require breaking the encryption, which would be a violation of the Ubuntu Code of Conduct #6 (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy).

Adult Content/Violence/Illegal Activity: Messages containing sexually oriented/violent/illegal dialogue, images, content, or links to these things will be deleted. Messages with links to or suggesting illegal activity will also be deleted. Posting or linking to any of these could result in a ban.