PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Have anyone upgraded the kernel to 2.6.27-11?

Pidgin
December 21st, 2008, 03:32 AM
I have met a mysterious problem. I am using the mirror "mirror.lupaworld.com" located in China, which is among the official approved mirrors and can be selected in Software Sources. Yesterday the mirror released the following packages:

linux-headers-2.6.27-11-generic
linux-image-2.6.27-11-generic

But it did NOT provide:

linux-restricted-modules-2.6.27-11-generic

That resulted in that after upgrading the kernel to 2.6.27-11, I could not use the wireless, which I guess was caused by a lack of corresponding version of linux-restricted-modules. When I booted into the 2.6.27-10 kernel, the wireless worked well.
I have noticed that other official mirrors had not yet released the new kernel. I am not very clear about how to settle the problem.

Sef
December 21st, 2008, 04:32 AM
Yesterday was a partial upgrade. Today the rest of it was upgraded.

schimschone
December 21st, 2008, 06:04 AM
I also did a forced update yesterday.. accidentally. Today the rest of the package was released, but unfortunately 2.6.27-11 now won't allow my ethernet to work.. so I'm still using 2.6.27-10. You can load it during start up by pressing esc just after your BIOS screen, and if you reedit GRUB you can load it automatically.

I don't know if it's popular, but it works, and it may be the only way to get internet working for long enough to download the updates.

schim

Pazau
December 24th, 2008, 01:17 AM
I have upgraded to 2.6.27-11 today, and i works properly and fast. :D