PDA

View Full Version : Your experience with trunk? (mythtv 0.22)

zoiks
December 19th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Does anybody have any experience running trunk in mythbuntu? Any comments on stability and usability? My goal is to get up and running using a Hauppauge HD-PVR. I wouldn't mind helping chase down a bug or two but I kind of need the myth setup to "mostly work". (Family uses it heavily.)

Apparently, the only way to use the HD-PVR is to use trunk.

DShad
January 29th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I tried installing it on my system (Ubuntu 8.10) but got into a lot of trouble... Maybe you could help.

I installed latest mythtv from ppa (0.22) on my Ubuntu 8.10 but the installation was unable to complete because of this file:

nvidia-180-libvdpau

The reason could be because I am using nvidia version 177

The problem now is that I am not able to une apt-get upgrade anymore because it gives me a dependancy problem like this:

--------------------------
Vous pouvez lancer «*apt-get -f install*» pour corriger ces problèmes.
Les paquets suivants contiennent des dépendances non satisfaites*:
libmyth-0.22-0: Dépend: nvidia-180-libvdpau mais il n'est pas installé
E: Dépendances manquantes. Essayez d'utiliser l'option -f.
--------------------------------

Of course I tried the -f option with no luck

Please help

awaterson
May 10th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Hi,

I have been using trunk for about four weeks and it has worked great. But this weekend I noticed the mythtv trunk ppa is no longer on launchpad. Does enyone know if this is perminant or just a temperary problem?

Thanks

Andy :confused:

tgm4883
May 10th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Hi,

I have been using trunk for about four weeks and it has worked great. But this weekend I noticed the mythtv trunk ppa is no longer on launchpad. Does enyone know if this is perminant or just a temperary problem?

Thanks

Andy :confused:

Go to the mythbuntu auto-builds page (weekly builds), the PPA has moved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

awaterson
May 10th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Go to the mythbuntu auto-builds page (weekly builds), the PPA has moved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi

Thanks for that as I could not find anything on launchpad or the mythbuntu site was getting a bit worried.

Working great as usual.

Thanks

Andy:biggrin: