PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] picasa alternative?

santiagorf
December 16th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Are there any other software "smaller" than picasa to upload pictures to gmail? The installation of picasa takes in my hard disk 100mb, which is a lot for my old computer.

Thanks in advance!!

shifty_powers
December 16th, 2008, 05:50 PM
what do you mean upload pictures to gmail? upload pictures to an e-mail you want to send via the gmail web interface, or maybe upload pictures to a picasa web album...?

Therion
December 16th, 2008, 05:54 PM
You might like gThumb. It's small, light and snappy and it's available in the repo.

Hospadar
December 16th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I think fspot can upload to that as well, take a look

clive littlewood
December 16th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Hi

Just use the upload pictures option in your account on gmail !!!! :p

Clive

cardinals_fan
December 17th, 2008, 05:48 AM
gThumb is an app I'd recommend to you for photo organization, but it won't upload to Picasa Web Albums. Just use the online uploader.

By the way, your older computer will probably commit suicide if you install F-Spot. That's an app that makes Picasa look light.

swapnilnarendra
March 4th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Is there any other open source image management program which has as much as effects and options as Picasa ?
I reinstalled my Ubuntu Netbook and after installing and reinstalling Picasa so many times, I am unable to locate it on my computer. So I am looking for a program which I can use instead of Picasa.

mastablasta
March 4th, 2011, 09:51 AM
GIMP - it has a lot of effects. and is a bit different to use than picassa. more like professional software such as Corel Photo or Photoshop. but effects are easy to find and use.