View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to retrieve the panel at the bottom of the desktop if you lost it by mistake?

December 16th, 2008, 05:01 PM
My friend somehow deleted the panel at the bottom of the screen by mistake-- the panel which shows all the applications that one has opened, and which has the trash icon in lower right corner and desktop icon in lower left corner. Can you tell me how to bring back this panel so that it will again always be there at the bottom of the screen.

December 16th, 2008, 05:04 PM
To get your bottom panel back click on the top panel, select 'New Panel' and the drag the panel to bottom of screen with middle mouse button (or right-click the new panel, select 'Properties' and set orientation to 'Bottom')

Then you want your window list back. Again, right-click in the panel, select 'Add to Panel' and you'll get a nice window full of widgets you can put in panels. Find one called 'Window List' and drag it to your panel.by mcduck, (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=17309)
hope this helps

December 16th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Right-click on the upper panel and select 'New Panel'. A panel will appear in the bottom. Then right-click this panel and select 'Add to Panel..' then choose the Trash, the applet that shows open windows, the applet that shows workspaces and the applet that shows Desktop (you'll find them in the list).

December 16th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks to both of you! :p

December 19th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Hopefully somebody will still reply to this but its been a few weeks and im having the same problem but when I right click I dont get new panel in the window and the panel will not drag for me. Also I mistakenly removed the desktop some how and I can't get it back. SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

December 19th, 2008, 02:26 PM
this is a longshot but does it help to do this: press ALT+F2, the type

December 19th, 2008, 02:43 PM
That for me brings up the system activity and im running KDE