PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] I activated the 3d cube but ...... it has only 2 sides

Godus
December 16th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I activated the 3d cube but ...... it has only 2 sides
how do i get it in 4 sides ?

drs305
December 16th, 2008, 03:47 PM
If you have the Workspace Switcher in the bottom right of the desktop (to add, rt click, Add to Panel, Workspace Switcher), right click, select Properties, and change number of workspaces from 2 to 4.

In compiz (System, Preferences, Compiz Config Settings - if installed), General, Desktop Size, Horizontal Virtual Size, 4.

LordIshamael
December 16th, 2008, 03:50 PM
http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/showthread.php?t=4491

maybe thatll help?
i had a problem some time back where it only showed 2...this fixed it

BastardNamban
December 16th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Drs is right. Set the virtual desktops in compiz settings manager to 4 (under general options- desktop size). Alternately, you can set that number to 3 for a triangle box, 5 for a pentagon box, and up, and so on.

Godus
December 16th, 2008, 04:01 PM
If you have the Workspace Switcher in the bottom right of the desktop (to add, rt click, Add to Panel, Workspace Switcher), right click, select Properties, and change number of workspaces from 2 to 4.

In compiz (System, Preferences, Compiz Config Settings - if installed), General, Desktop Size, Horizontal Virtual Size, 4.

Thank you man for the quick respond it worked
and thank all guys for your answers

Kellemora
December 16th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Hi Godus

There are a bunch of fun settings with it too, like hiding gears inside the box, etc.

You may or may not know this already, but if you hold down your CTRL and ALT key while holding down your left mouse button, the CUBE will Shrink down and you can spin it all directions.

Other settings allow you to see layered windows if you have more than one window open on one of the screens.

Having different workspaces I can keep open has been a real boon to my getting my work done faster.
And having this CUBE Effect is totally AWESOME when the DOZE users are leaning over my shoulder too!
Totally BLOWS EM AWAY!

But that's about the only thing I use it for, to harass Doze users, hi hi.........

TTUL
Gary