PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu won't recognize Creative Zen V Plus

tegnoto89
December 16th, 2008, 02:44 AM
I plug in my mp3 player to the USB and nothing happens. It doesn't show up on the file browser. Can anyone help?

starcannon
December 16th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Check your mp3 player's gui for a "USB storage device" mode, or something like that, I haven't used the Zen, but on the few mp3 players I have used, this has solved the problem for me.

EdThaSlayer
December 16th, 2008, 03:32 AM
I plug in my mp3 player to the USB and nothing happens. It doesn't show up on the file browser. Can anyone help?

After you input the mp3 player, does it's screen change to notify you that it has connected?

tegnoto89
December 16th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Yes, the screen on the mp3 player changes when I plug it in.

The closest thing my mp3 player has to acting like a USB storage device is designating up to 2 gigs for USB storage, and ubuntu still won't find it when I do that.

starcannon
December 16th, 2008, 07:00 AM
This thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2145545
and in particular this thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=199250
using gnomad2 sounds like it will fix your exact mp3 player up.

GL and have fun.

rzrgenesys187
December 16th, 2008, 07:05 AM
With my Sansa Clip, when I plug it in it says it is connected but isn't automounted. Typing lsusb into the terminal will mount it for me

zaphodbblx
December 16th, 2008, 04:28 PM
it dosn't mount like an ipod!
I was pretty flustered when i plugged mine in for the first time..get gnomad 2
applications/add&remove: search for gnomad works like a charm!
one warning! I use mine mostly for podcasts and it wont recognize feeds with long nonsese strings after the mp3 in the title.
I dont know if my rss aggragator adds these or its right from the feed. just delete all the extra stuff and it will work example: Scottsigler.mp3?gft462372727y just right click file select rename and delete everything after the.mp3 (usualy this will start with a ?) then hit enter
Also if you have a large music library its a pain in the rear because every time you move back from a subfolder(to go back to the previous folder use the little blue symbole of a line with 2 dots over it-took me a bit to figure that one out!) it has to rescan the metadata so it takes a while to load the damn thing but it does work!