PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem logging into my computer with Failsafe mode

ahmed_mo2nis
December 11th, 2008, 06:55 AM
hello there,

while I was running on Ubuntu 7.10 (still didn't update to 8.04) I usually did some updates every now and then and I was doing a one of the updates, some errors happened. I also got a message telling me that the space in the File system is 96% full.

Anyway I canceled the update and restarted my computer only to find out that I can't log in :confused: and a message telling me that there might be an installation error (I installed it from a year and a half so no way that's the cause of the problem!!!) or no disk space (which is the case indeed since the tmp file is full as the error message said). It said that i have to login with failsafe mode, I tried Failsafe Gnome & there was nothing on the screen , the only failsafe that worked was failsafe terminal BUT I don't know what should I write in the terminal ? How am I supposed to solve this problem and using what commands that will enable me to log in again normally ??? I'm running now on the same PC but from an Ubuntu 8.04 Live CD and some of the data stored on the HD can't be accessed. So REALLY any help would be appreciated because there are vital data for me on the HD and I don't want them to be lost

thanks in advance

ahmed_mo2nis
December 11th, 2008, 07:27 AM
up