PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless problems with FON router

parvenu
December 10th, 2008, 04:45 AM
I just did a clean install of 8.10 over 8.04. Right after I installed it, I was able to connect to the FON router just fine but after an update, I was unable to connect anymore.

After typing in the correct password, it would prompt me to type in the password again, but where I had typed in the correct password, there was now a very long alphanumeric code in its place.

I run a dual boot system so after switching back to Vista, I am still unable to connect with the router until I reset it. This leads me to believe that Ubuntu and the router are incompatible for some reason and Ubuntu changes something in the router.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you!

parvenu
December 10th, 2008, 09:13 PM
bump

meemo
December 11th, 2008, 05:14 AM
same for me. try connecy to unencrypted channel (FON_Public). Seems to be wpa realted problem.

ghasek
January 6th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I have the same problem, unencrypted (Fon_AP) works.. and encrypted works SOMETIMES. Some week ago I could fix it by changing the password, but that doesn't help me now.

timsan
February 12th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Great ... still having the same problem with zero answers. On the FON forums, no answers at all as well.

I will try:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=967027&highlight=FON

Though, I think the solution will be not using Ubuntu here.

Sometimes it takes like one hour to connect to the FON router, using WPA, while a Windows box can do it in one second.