PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Opening Firefox

richg
December 8th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Sometimes Firefox opens at the last page I was looking at. In Edit/Preferences/Privacy/Private Data Settings I clear ALL private data when Firefox closes. I keep no, zero, nada data to the best of my knowledge. What is causing Firefox to go to the last page I was at and how do I stop this from happening? Thanks.

Rich

aysiu
December 8th, 2008, 01:24 AM
In Edit > Preferences > Main, do you have it set to open the last pages that were open from last time, as opposed to your home page?

richg
December 8th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Thanks but I cannot answer your question but here is a screen shot of the Edit/Preferences/Main page.

Rich

Sealbhach
December 8th, 2008, 02:14 AM
I think it will do that if you close Firefox suddenly, e.g close the window rather than File/Quit.

richg
December 8th, 2008, 02:33 AM
I guees that is the only way tp prevent what I am seeing. I have cliked on the X in the upper right corner for years to close Firefox. One less step than File/Quit. Oh well.

Rich

Sealbhach
December 8th, 2008, 02:37 AM
I guees that is the only way tp prevent what I am seeing. I have cliked on the X in the upper right corner for years to close Firefox. One less step than File/Quit. Oh well.

Rich

I'm only guessing, I'm not sure.:confused:

Test it both ways and see.

CLVPX
December 8th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Might also happen if an addon has been updated and you have restarted firefox, or as has been said if you have ended it suddenly.

mikewhatever
December 8th, 2008, 02:41 AM
I think it will do that if you close Firefox suddenly, e.g close the window rather than File/Quit.

No it wouldn't. You can close Firefox with alt+f4, ctrl+q or the mouse, and it doesn't restore the last session on restart.

newbee70
December 8th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Just tested it on mine 8.10 and it opens my homepage everytime
if I don't crash firefox that is.