PDA

View Full Version : Lisp on Ubuntu/Debian

wtwood
December 6th, 2008, 11:44 PM
I am brand new to Ubuntu and Debian but familiar with lisp programming on other platforms. After using Synaptic to get SBCL I was poking around and tripped across the "common-lisp-controller" mechanism. I found some developer-oriented docs on the Debian site but I haven't found anything about how to set up one's personal file structure to work most harmoniously with the mechanism. Are there conventions for dot files (I saw reference to a ".clc" but no info on what should be put therein)? I like the idea of having the cl libraries available to more than one common lisp implementation, but I am in the dark as to how that can be made to happen. Any hints?

Thanks,

-- Bill

nvteighen
December 7th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I'm more a Schemer, but I'm almost sure Common Lisp files are usually referred to as .lisp

wtwood
December 10th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the thought but I was thinking of initialization files like ~/.cmucl-init.lisp for a CMU Common Lisp init file. The Debian community seems to have a fairly well thought-out set of conventions for library placement along with initialization files. I'm trying to find out about them from the user perspective.