PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] WPA2 Encryption with WICD trouble on a clean install.

Arnitak
December 6th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Just as the title suggests, removed network manager, installed wicd, tried to access my encrypted network ... it refuses flatly. Any ideas? I dont want to run on an unencrypted WPA2 network.

Arnitak
December 6th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Just as the title suggests, removed network manager, installed wicd, tried to access my encrypted network ... it refuses flatly. Any ideas? I dont want to run on an unencrypted WPA2 network.

Ok, it seems that sometimes is working, sometimes is not, it says generating WPA configuration file ... authenticating and then NOT CONNECTED. Can anyone help me? Is there a way to use a WPA configuration file that is NOT generated by wicd?

Arnitak
December 6th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Ok, it seems that it is working only on first boot. So when I boot my computer, connect to my encrypted network, it works. If I disconnect and then try to reconnect again, it does not. Cant anyone help me? It seems to me the moderators or people run from wireless troubles well knowing ubuntu's reputation in this area.

Arnitak
December 6th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Ok, I resolved my problem. It seed that when I shuted the network down, wpa_supplicant daemon still was running. I killed it with -9, reconnected, and works!