PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Um175 txt?

Jeeeep
December 6th, 2008, 04:17 AM
After many months of struggling, I've finally managed to get my UM175 wireless card to work perfectly under Ubuntu, except for one minor detail: Text messaging? I can live without it if absolutely necessary, but it is a very useful feature to me if I need to contact someone's cell phone and I don't have mine nearby/I'm too lazy to get up and get it, as I can do it right here from the computer.

However, the only way I know of for using it in Windows is to use the VZAccess application, which is useless under Linux (even with Wine). Is there any way that anyone knows of to be able to use this function in Ubuntu? Or at least any way to access it from Windows without using the VZAccess application? If I just knew that, I could get started on making a hack-like solution for it myself...

In case anyone needs to know, I'm on Xubuntu Intrepid. Many thanks to whoever is nice enough to help!

Funny story, as this is actually the last standing barrier from me being able to abandon Windows completely. Hilarious that it's something as trivial as this, eh?

-Beep Beep I'm a Jeep!

Xolotl098
May 12th, 2009, 01:30 AM
I believe the texting option is VZAM only. Is texting through your email a option for you? I do it quite a bit with Gmail.