PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_mobile] Best UMPC alternative to iPod?

MountainX
December 5th, 2008, 12:34 AM
I want to run Ubuntu on a UMPC-variant with about a 4 or 5" screen (I think 7" will not be portable enough). I know about the n810, but not many others.

I am seeking opinions on which hardware is best for Ubuntu Mobile. I mainly do web browsing or reading e-books. I need a screen that is easy to read in sunlight. Any recommendations? Thanks

MountainX
February 2nd, 2009, 11:03 PM
did I post this in the wrong forum? No one is interested in Ubuntu on a small handheld device?

Maheriano
February 3rd, 2009, 09:54 PM
How about a small tablet?

MountainX
February 3rd, 2009, 09:59 PM
How about a small tablet?

Hi - do you have any thoughts about specific products I could take a look at? Thanks.

Maheriano
February 3rd, 2009, 10:25 PM
Hi - do you have any thoughts about specific products I could take a look at? Thanks.

Any of these. They're laptops with swivel touchscreens so you can write on them like a notepad.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=219&name=Tablet-PC&

MountainX
February 3rd, 2009, 10:47 PM
Any of these.[/url]

All of those are a lot larger than the Samsung Q1 Ultra. I am looking for something smaller than the Q1. Is the n810 the only choice for Ubuntu?

Maheriano
February 3rd, 2009, 10:56 PM
Sorry, didn't see that requirement. How about the iPod Touch?

MountainX
February 3rd, 2009, 10:59 PM
Sorry, didn't see that requirement. How about the iPod Touch?

hehe, well my other requirment is that I be able to run Ubuntu on it. I don't think the iPod touch without a keyboard would be ideal. Maybe the n810 is it...

thanks

Maheriano
February 3rd, 2009, 11:38 PM
Palm Pre?