PDA

View Full Version : usb.h missing usb_init

affordablemagic
December 2nd, 2008, 11:26 PM
Hi

I'm attempting to use eclipse on Hardy to brush up (OK, I'm learning from scratch) on C development. The interest is really in robotics (the arduino platform) and while setting the environment I noticed something odd.

One of the tests I am trying to run is accessing images from my USB webcam. I have libusb-dev and libusb-0.1-4.

I am also using CDT for C development.

When I include usb.h and then try and compile with even usb_init(); in my code eclipse complains that "undefined reference to `usb_init'". I can see usb.h in the include folder.

Here's the code (it is something from online)

#include <usb.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
struct usb_bus *busses;
usb_init();
usb_find_busses();
usb_find_devices();
busses = usb_get_busses();
return 0;
}

Should I get a source from libusb and compile myself? Is there a reason libusb-dev etc., doesn't work here.

I googled for an answer but nothing seems to strike this problem. Any help appreciated!

affordablemagic
December 3rd, 2008, 03:24 AM
Hi

I resolved the issue. Here it is in case someone comes across it themselves for libusb or indeed another library.

In `step 1` image attached you can see my simple usb project in eclipse. On the project folder i.e., `usb` in my example, right click, and select `Properties`.

You'll get a pop-up box. This is `step 2` image. Select the `C/C++ Build` option on the left, then under `GCC C Linker` drop-down list select `Libraries`. You can see on the image, highlighted w/ an orange background, the word `usb`. I added this Library by clicking the `add` icon and entering the text `usb` from the `Libraries (-l)` pane.

ifknot
December 9th, 2008, 04:16 PM
:KS thank you for that saved me hours of frustration!

bkuhns
December 22nd, 2008, 05:47 PM
Wow, yeah... thanks a ton! I had a feeling I had to do something like that, but had no idea where to do it. Saved me a ton of time figuring it out, thanks again! :)

arkroan
November 12th, 2010, 06:59 PM
+1

thank you

Gouz
December 10th, 2010, 02:43 PM
meh..

I knew I was forgetting the damn lib. Thanks :)

Gouz
December 10th, 2010, 02:43 PM
meh..

I knew I was forgetting the damn lib. Thanks :)